I feel bad that I haven't updated this blog in such a long time. I've been wanting to, but I just started school and I'm getting into the swing of it. In fact, I should be doing homework right now, but I've been procrastinating on the internet so much that I may as well be somewhat productive and post something. Since I don't have anything specific to write about, I'll just do a general brain dump:
- I was going to write about Snowmaggedon last week, but blogspot ate my post. Bad blogspot! Now everyone is mostly over it and the snow is slowly melting in the warmer weather. I was very excited about the melting snow till last night when I realized that puddles of water turn into black ice as soon as the sun goes down. I skidded my way home. Know what I miss most about warm weather? Not having to think so hard about walking, you just put one foot in front of the other, and off you go!
- Yesterday was Valentines Day. Blah. I'm not one of those people who haaaaaates V-Day. Mostly I agree with this much more interesting blog post from the oatmeal. I'm blah because Trench and I didn't get any days off together this weekend and we were both too tired to do much last night, so we just ordered thai food, watched some shows on hulu and went to bed like any other Monday. We do have tomorrow off together, at least until I go to class at 5:30, so that's something.
- I've been part time at my job for almost two months now, and I'm loving it. Work related problems and annoyances that used to really get to me are just sliding off of me right now. Maybe this is the secret to work satisfaction...cut down the amount that you're working. If not cut down, then maybe consolidate? Trench works four 10-hour days and never stresses too hard about work. Granted, Trench doesn't stress too hard about anything, but I think a lot of people would choose longer work days for more days off.
- A few girlfriends and I got together last week and celebrated V-Day by watching the sing-along option on the Mamma Mia dvd. Is this a good movie? Hell to the no. Is it super cheesy and fun? Of course it is. Most of us knew the songs that were covered by Erasure on "Abba-esque", then downloaded it the next day on itunes. We also fell in love with an elderflower tea flavored vodka. We tried getting way too fancy with it at first, making martinis (mar-TEA-ni) with lemon juice and honey on the rim, then we discovered that mixing it with good old fashioned cranberry juice worked well enough. What is it about cranberry juice that makes it tart and undrinkable by itself, but delicious with any type of vodka? I drank three strong glasses, and didn't have a hangover the next day, so I've decided it must be healthy.
- There are these two fancy light fixtures in our condo that are very pretty, but need these spotlight bulbs that are expensive and burn out very quickly. When any in the living room burn out, the room gets so dim that reading is impossible. We've decided new light fixtures that are pretty, but require less fussy bulbs are on the agenda. Trench and I have a very grandiose decor style, so I don't think it will be as easy as making a trip to Home Depot. The hunt is on!