Monday, July 4, 2011

summertime

*dusts off blog* Hello, outside world, it's been awhile. What with starting grad school, I haven't had a lot of time for creative writing. Right now I'm on summer vacation for the next two months so I don't have an excuse not to update. Besides the fact of not knowing what the hell to write about. Which is ridiculous, because there's all sorts of things going on. Last week there was dancing at a club in which suburban 20-something girls started doing the limbo on the dance floor without realizing that's a bad idea when you're wearing short dresses. There was a two day visit from an old friend that I haven't seen in a year, and we barbecued salmon on our tiny new grill on our deck. There was sangria drinking and cheese-nomming at Ravinia while watching an Abba cover band last night. Tonight my BFF is having a French-Canadian themed get together for 4th of July (all just an excuse to eat poutine). Then this Thursday we're going to watch a live performance of the Care Bears movie, something we saw about four years ago and it was one of the funniest things we'd ever seen. Oh summer, how I wish you'd last forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment